Planning an unforgettable summer? Are you a lucky ticket holder? Do you just need to find accommodation for the Paris Olympics in 2024? We’ve got you covered. Read our tips to make sure you have a great place to stay in the French capital.
It can be tricky to find accommodation in Paris at the best of times, but with the Olympic Games next year, it will be a challenge for most. Luckily, you can plan ahead and follow our tips to make it all easy.
What types of accommodation will be available during the Paris Olympics?
Finding accommodation for the Paris Olympics: what are your options?
- Hotels: if you’re on a budget and want to make your life simple, hotels are still the first option. But prices have skyrocketed, and most rooms are already booked! You can still keep an eye on booking platforms for good deals.
- Mid-term rentals: if you’re staying for at least a month in Paris, the easiest and cheapest option will be a mid-term furnished rental apartment, known in France as the ‘Mobility Lease.’
- Youth hostels: an economical option, hostels are ideal if you’re coming alone or with friends. You can choose between shared dormitories or private rooms.
- Bed & breakfasts: you can book a room in the home of a Parisian, this is a more convivial experience than the classic hotel.
- Shared rooms and apartments: there are several platforms for finding short-term roommates.
- Camping and caravanning: there are campsites on the outskirts of Paris where you can bring your own vehicle and equipment, or rent a house.
- Tourist residences & apartment hotels: furnished, fully-equipped studios or apartments used for long-term stays.
Our tips for finding an apartment for the Paris Olympic Games in 2024
Here are our top tips for the best chance of finding accommodation during the Paris Olympics in 2024:
- Book as far in advance as possible: the earlier you book, the more options you’ll have! Places go fast, so the best time to book is now.
- Consider mid-term rentals: if you’re staying in Paris for at least 1 month, you can enjoy the city and the events, you can turn to mid-term rental apartments will be a great option. These will Not only will you secure your rental, but you’ll also get high-quality furnished accommodation for your stay.
- Search outside Paris: you don’t have to rent in Paris, the capital has excellent public transport links. You can extend your search to the suburbs and surrounding areas to find accommodation at the best price.
- Use your network: ask your friends who live in or near Paris if they can put you up or help you find accommodation for the Olympics!
Where should I stay during the Paris Olympics 2024?
If you know which events you’re planning to attend, it’s best to locate the areas they are in and look for accommodation within 30-45 minutes by public transport. For events in the inner city (inside the city walls), the 1st, 7th and 8th districts can work best, but Nanterre, Seine-Saint-Denis, and Boulogne-Billancourt are also excellent choices.
The majority of events at the 2024 Olympic Games will be concentrated in central and western Paris, from the Concorde, the largest square in the city to the Parc des Princes stadium. The competitions will take place in and at the foot of iconic monuments and landmarks in France’s capital.
In all, 14 sites have been modified to accommodate athletes and spectators! An open-air stadium is being built at the foot of the Eiffel Tower, the Grand Palais will host the taekwondo and fencing events, while the Place de la Concorde will host BMX freestyle, skateboarding, and 3×3 basketball events.
You’ll need to select your accommodation depending on which events you’d like to attend at the Paris Olympics. As a general rule, we recommend you target the 7th, 8th and 1st districts (arrondissements) to be at the heart of the events.
Renting accommodation in the Île-de-France region during the 2024 Olympic Games can also be very attractive! The Greater Paris region will be hosting several sporting events. For example, the Palace of Versailles will host the equestrian events, while Saint-Quentin-en-Yveline, with its Vélodrome National, will be the destination for golf, mountain biking, and pentathlon.
If you want to visit the La Défense Arena, we recommend renting accommodation in Nanterre in western Paris. Seine-Saint-Denis will host the artistic swimming, diving, and climbing events, while the Stade de France will host rugby and athletics. If you are attending these events, it’s best to look for accommodation in Saint-Denis.
Good to know:
- The Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games will take place between July 26 and August 11, and aside from sporting events, it will also host cultural events, bringing together people from all over the world.
- The 2024 Olympic Games will be held in 7 French cities: Paris, Bordeaux, Nantes, Lyon, Saint-Étienne, Nice and Marseille.
- There are fan groups on social networks like Facebook, where you can find information and advice to prepare for your stay in France.
Find accommodation with Wunderfats
Find quality temporary accommodation during the Olympics with Wunderflats! The platform specializes in mid-term rentals, offering a wide selection of furnished properties for rent from 1 to 12 months. It’s the perfect solution if you’re planning to stay for at least a month.
To get started, visit www.wunderflats.com.